Winter & ski holiday
Explore the snowy mountain world around Radstadt
Are you dreaming about an idyllic ski holiday on well-prepared slopes, great accessibility and high fun factor for the whole family? Then the Ski amadé ski area association will wow you for sure! Enjoy a winter wonderland on your winter holiday in Salzburger Land – long pistes, carving slopes and afterwards après ski in the ski area Radstadt/Altenmarkt. Those wishing to head higher up, can drive up to Obertauern, just 15 km away.
Skiing in the Ski amadé & Obertauern
- Sunny, family-friendly ski area Radstadt/Altenmarkt with 17 km of pistes & 8 modern lifts
- Pistes for all levels of difficulty, practice lifts for beginners & children
- Kids’ Funpark, permanent timed racing run & Winterland Fichtelland on the Hochbifang in Altenmarkt
- The Radstadt/Altenmarkt ski area is a part of the Ski amadé (a total of 760 km of pistes & 270 lifts)
- Ski & snowboard schools plus ski rental at the valley lift stations
- For refreshment: ski huts with traditional dishes, après ski bars
- Ski bus free of charge: bus stop for the ski bus to the lifts in Radstadt/Altenmarkt right in front of the hotel
- Radstadt/Altenmarkt ski area just 5 minutes drive away, high-altitude ski resort of Obertauern is just 15 km away
Further sport & leisure activities
Enjoy a snowball fight, toboggan run, romantic horse-drawn sleigh ride or long walk through the stunning winter landscaope. Those wishing to be active on cross country skis through the snowy countryside, can access the Tauern Trail right from The Stieglerhof Nature and Family Hotel. In our hotel in Radstadt with its cosy and harmonious atmosphere you stay right in the heart of a magical winter wonderland.
- Perfectly connected network of trails with a total length of 180 km
- Prepared for classic cross country skiers & skaters of varying ability levels
- High alpine trail on the Rossbrand: cross country skiing at an altitue of 1,600 m with spectacular panoramic view
- 50 km long Tauern trail leads through Radstadt, hotel is right by the Tauern trail
- Toboggan run Königslehen: longest (6 km), floodlit toboggan run in the Salzburger Sportwelt
- Toboggan rental on site, transport to the start on the Königslehen cable car
- Tuesday and Fridays: night toboganning in the floodlit run
- Additional toboggan runs in the neighbouring resorts: Bifei’s Hütt’n & Hochnössleralm, Sonnalm, Berggasthof Winterbauer in Altenmarkt etc.
- Lovely, cleared winter footpaths with over 20 km in length
- Snowshoeing routes in Radstadt & neighbouring resorts
- Ski tours in the whole of the Salzburger Sportwelt: routes for all ability levels
- Guided ski tours & equipment rental bookable at the local ski schools
- Start of your walks & tours right by the Hotel Stieglerhof
- Large natural ice rink at the Radstadt Sports Centre – open from Christmas until March according to weather conditions
- Ice skate rental at the ice rink
- Traditional curling at the ice rink in Radstadt
- Games with locals & private group games on request
- Curling equipment rental on site
- Winter horse-riding through the snowy landscape in Radstadt & the surrounding area
- Cleared winter bridle path (10 km long per circuit) from Radstadt to Altenmarkt in Pongau
- Riding at the riding stables.
- Romantic horse-drawn sleigh rides with refreshment stop.
- Action sports: Snow biking, snow sailing, telemarking, ice climbing, Segway, zorbing, tandem paragliding, Dachstein crossing ski tour at ACS-Alpincenter-Salzburg in Flachau
The Stieglerhof winter activities at a glance
Whatever your dream of a lovely winter’s day, The Stieglerhof is situated in a true winter wonderland and offers a wealth of options.
- Free ski bus right from the hotel
- Direct access to the Tauern cross country trail
- Lies right on the winter footpath
- In the heart of the Ski amadé ski association with direct access nearby
- Ski cellar with ski boot dryer in the hotel
- Snow playing field
- Attractive weekly and short-stay packages
- All discounts with the Salzburger Sportwelt Card